Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 17: And the Living Was Easy

For the first time in many days, we planned a day with nothing planned :) It's been wonderful seeing all the sights and visiting all the local "musts," but sometimes it's great to wake up and have nothing on the schedule.

Because of our later night last night and our free day today, we decided to sleep in. And it was wonderful. Tomorrow we are leaving for the East Africa M's gathering at Brackenhurst and will be working all week with childcare, so we definitely need to get rested for all the fun that awaits us. Haha! At first, I wasn't thrilled that I was assigned to the 0-4 year old range; I was kind of holding out for elementary or middle school. But then I got to thinking that because they are short on staff, I should be happy to help in any area. It's not like it's a big deal - but now my heart's in it. The parents of the kids I'll be watching are gathering for security training, and if I can help them at all so that they can learn to be better prepared in hostage/dangerous situations, I am honored to do so.

So, because we are leaving soon and had a free day, we mostly spent our time doing laundry and cleaning house. I've been super spoiled while here, so it's good that we were able to help with some of the housework today. After lunch, we headed over to the Windsor to sun and work out. The sunning didn't go over so well since we went around 4 pm and it was kind of cloudy, but the working out went well. Ruthie and I were joking that we're starting the new year off right by exercising - although that was not the original intent for going :)

To end the day, we watched Inception this evening with Ruthie's parents. Neither one had seen the show, so it was fun watching it with them. Of course, it's still interesting and suspenseful the 3rd time through too. And on the note of dreaming, I'm going to sign off now and head to sleep. Because this last week I will be at Brackenhurst there may be no updates soon. But at least you'll know why. And then it's homeward bound!

No comments: