Drumroll please! Today marks 20 out of 30 days down.
In the past 20 days, I've had two cravings for non Whole30 foods. The first was on day 3 or 4 when a coworker got Chinese food from the mall. I eat Chinese food regularly and all my favorite Chinese restaurants closed during quarantine, so I had been craving Chinese food all through the pandemic despite the Whole30. Fortunately I made it through the craving without caving. This past week I had an intense craving one night after work when I was especially hungry for fettuccine Alfredo, which is unusual as I don't eat this food regularly. I'm guessing that since I was so hungry my body knew it was a source of quick energy. Made it through that craving and got home to make chicken drumsticks with sauteed veggies instead.
Last weigh in on Tuesday put me 2 lbs down from the week before for a total of 6.5 lbs lost in 14 days. BMI calculates to 26.0.
This week's menu consisted of the usual breakfasts of eggs cooked in avocado oil, sausage or bacon, and/or avocado and/or tomato. Coffee is a given. As mentioned with last week's blog, lunch/dinner meals included some new-to-me recipes for copycat Panda Express chicken, zucchini, and mushrooms, gyro meat with cashew yogurt tzaziki sauce, and spaghetti squash with sugar-free marinara sauce and ground beef or chicken breast. One night I ordered from a local burger place and got a burger without bun/cheese and with lettuce, pickle, bacon, mushroom, fried egg, and side salad with balsamic vinaigrette. Also, had one dinner of the aforementioned chicken drumsticks and veggies.
I only had one "oops" by not reading the label first (wheat) and learned the breakfast sausages I've been eating throughout these past 20 days contain soy protein concentrate and "less than 2% sugar and dextrose (also sugar)."
New recipes made yesterday for this weekend's and upcoming week's meals include:
Thai Shrimp (Red) Curry with pineapple and cauliflower rice: https://www.savorynothings.com/quick-thai-shrimp-curry-pineapple/
Indian Butter Chicken. I used chicken breasts instead of thighs, potato starch instead of tapioca starch, and coconut oil instead of ghee (less buttery flavor, but I had coconut oil on hand and ghee was $10/jar). Also, cooked the chicken first and then simmered on the stove top instead of using an instant pot as I don't own one. Probably would put less chili powder in next time to lighten the color and make it less "chili" like. . https://thebetteredblondie.com/instant-pot-indian-butter-chicken-whole-30/
Cashew Chicken with green peppers and onion: https://stylishcravings.com/easy-keto-cashew-chicken/
Whole30 Turkey Chili: https://thecleaneatingcouple.com/paleo-turkey-chili/
Summer BLT Chopped Salad: minus the corn and green onions and used chicken breasts instead of tenders. https://www.theeverydaymomlife.com/recipe/summer-blt-chopped-salad/
Fruits of the week were frozen mixed cherry/berry medley, cantaloupe (also mixed with honey dew and grapes one morning), watermelon, and blueberries.
Drinks included water, coffee, and La Croix tangerine
Now, it's down to the final 10 days. Until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment