Sunday, June 7, 2020

Week 2, Day #13

So, here we are again. Made it another grain-free, dairy-free*, sugar-free* week. * being for the exception I knew about (half and half in my coffee) and the few slip ups ("evaporated sugar" in the Greek Italian dressing (once), high-fructose corn syrup in the BBQ sauce (once) and sugar in the ketchup (three times)). Also, what the heck are sulfites? Because they are not allowed on the Whole30 and I had some of those in the form of plain lunch meat for a snack (once) and then I realized I should read the label before eating and not after. Fortunately for me, I am not following the no-slips-or-you-start-over legalistic Whole30 plan and am learning what is actually in the food I eat through this journey.

This week was fairly easy to stick with the plan. Again, it helps to have a little bit of a routine with work and not many current social obligations that involve food (events this week included a friend hangout time chatting/walking, prayer night, movie night with the roomie and her fiance, Sunday morning church, and kayaking).

Tuesday (day #8) was the first weigh-in and I was down 4.5 lbs. BMI dropped from 127 to 126.3. Today is finishing day #13 and the next weigh-in is morning of day #15.

And without further ado, here are the foods on the menu these past 7 days (and *gasp* I only took one photo of what I consumed).

Breakfast: eggs, avocado, sausage or bacon, and combination of tomato, spinach, and/or mushroom

Lunch/dinner: still had several leftovers from week 1 plan such as Thai Green curry, taco salad, brats, homemade potato salad, Asian slaw, fruit salad (strawberry, mango, grapes, peaches), and 1 pork steak.

Grilled pork steak (by my dad!), lettuce salad with strawberries, avocado, and balsamic vinaigrette, and fruit salad.
New on the lunch/dinner menu: chili garlic shrimp with broccoli and red pepper, copycat Panda Express chicken, zucchini, mushroom stir-fry (with coconut aminos), homemade gyro meat with lettuce, tomato, and tzaziki sauce (made with cashew yogurt), and roasted spaghetti squash with ground beef and Rao's sugar-free marinara sauce, and side salad.

Snacks: turkey deli meat, fruit smoothie (frozen mango, berry medley, cashew yogurt, and almond milk), whole apple (x 2) and watermelon (x 2)

Drinks: coffee (with half and half), green/peach tea with mint, La Croix (tangerine), and water

And that's a wrap for this week! Will be back in another 7 days to update on the progress!

No comments: