Just like most, I was celebrating with family and friends throughout the holiday season. And work never stops. So, now that we've made it to what I typically dub the slowest time of the year, it's time to catch up and refocus.
Spent Thankgiving day with my parents and mom's side of the family for two days. It's been the first Thanksgiving in three years I've been off work long enough to make the trip and it was fantastic!
Two weeks later, I headed south again, joining the parents for the trek down to Branson for an early Christmas gift to them from my sister and me - a day at Silver Dollar City during the Christmas season. We also we able to experience the Sight and Sound Nativity production and eat at Lambert's, which were both super fun.
Although I worked Christmas Eve, I was able to make it to 22 minutes of our 30-minute Christmas Eve service in Jefferson City, MO. Had the most relaxing Christmas Day I can remember in the longest time, just staying home and enjoying each other's company.
New Year's Eve was spent with a few girls playing games, snacking, talking, and watching the ball drop in NYC.
Traveled back to Jefferson City, MO the first week of January to spend time with the family while my sister, brother-in-law, and niece were visiting. It was wonderful spending time with them since we hadn't seen each other for about 7 months.
![]() |
Thought about putting a more dignified pic in, but this is legit happiness. My shirt says, " I NEVER DREAMED, I WOULD BE A SUPER COOL AUNT BUT HERE I AM KILLING IT." Josie's says, "My Aunt Loves Me." |
![]() |
| Please note the baby drool all over my pants. |
![]() |
| Modern-day chess. Who needs a board when you have a phone? |
![]() |
| Having a baby in the house makes things pretty interesting. |
![]() |
| Updated auntie/niece selfie. Last one was taken when she was 1 month old. |
So, what's up with life now? Pretty much back in the normal routine. Still taking cello lessons once a week, attending two Bible studies (Hebrews and Romans), the occasional trivia night, and social gatherings.
Our work schedule has changed in the past week from two early/two late shifts a week to four late shifts a week, which has been an adjustment. Honestly, not sure I could say I'm completely adjusted yet.
Signed up for a gym for the next several months. There's just something non-motivational about subzero weather and exercising outside. So, I took the plunge of commitment and now have a warm place to be active. Planning to start training for a duathlon this year, but for now, enjoying group classes.
What have I been:
Reading? The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (audio), Of Mess and Moxie (audio), Wonder, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, daily Bible reading and Bible study passages
Listening to? The Greatest Showman soundtrack, Jackie Evancho, Wicked soundtrack
Celebrating? My roomie's birthday! Not missing some critical diagnoses with patients in clinic this past week.











No comments:
Post a Comment