This past weekend I returned from an epic road trip with two friends as well. One of my friends asked herself who would be willing to drive thousands of miles just to check off some states from her to-see list, and I was the person she thought of first! Such a great reputation to have :) So, she and my roommate and I all packed up our rental car and started out on a 9-day tour of the southeast United States to see some sights.
The itinerary included some outdoor and indoor attractions, National Parks and Monuments stops, capitol building tours, camping and staying with airbnb hosts, and visiting friends and family.
Highlights:
Ark Encounter (KY)
Smoky Mountains (TN), hiking and camping
Biltmore Mansion (Asheville, NC)
Rainbow Row (Charleston, SC)
Castillo de San Marcos (St. Augustine, FL)
Jacksonville (FL) beach, sunrise
World of Coca Cola (Atlanta, GA)
Rosa Parks Museum (Montgomery, AL)
Central High School National Historic Site and visitor center (AR)
Trip stats: total of 3,349 miles driven through 15 states in the span of 9 days.
Capitol buildings visited (#6) on this trip: Columbia, SC (closed on Sunday); Atlanta, GA; Montgomery, AL; Jackson, MS; Little Rock, AR; Jefferson City; MO.
This brings my capitols visited total to 16 plus Washington, D.C.
It's fun having friends who support each other with their goals :)
One of my life goals is to visit all 50 states in the U.S. Thanks to Concert Choir in college and other trips to represent Evangel, and family vacations, and friends being adventurous, I have nearly reached that goal. There are only five states left (I probably have been through W. VA and Rhode Island, but I don't remember them, so it doesn't count). Here's to continued adventures in life!









No comments:
Post a Comment