As the year comes to a close, I love to look back and see what life held in the last 12 months. This past year has been full of good memories, challenging moments, goodbyes,
new beginnings, learning, love, and laughter.
“Sometimes, you have to look back in order to understand the things that lie ahead.”
― Yvonne Woon
January-May – Upon graduating from college, my sister and bro-in-law moved away for a new start in NC. It was difficult saying goodbye to my best friends, but I was excited for what life held for them. Several friends in the area got together for one last hurrah! Such fun.
During
Christmas break, one of my best friends and her boyfriend became engaged. It
was fun planning and hosting their engagement party with friends and
celebrating the next step in their relationship with them. Although I wasn’t
able to attend their wedding a few months later, I couldn’t be happier for
them.
Most of the beginning of 2013 was spent preparing for my fast-approaching departure for PA school. It’s amazing how much paperwork, phone calls, emails, and business-related things must be taken care of before moving states and starting grad school. Throughout this period of time, I was also able to shadow several PAs in radiology, interventional radiology, cardiology, and plastic surgery. All the while, I continued working in the ER and enjoying the last few months with my ACC family.
In March, over the Easter holiday, I took a vacation out to see K & N in NC. I had never been to NC before, so it was definitely fun to experience this first. We spent some quality sister time together, toured some of the local historical sites (Capitol, Governor’s Mansion, Museums of Science, History, and Art, Old Salem) as well as a trip to the Outer banks and the Wright Brothers’ National Monument. It was a great, much-needed trip, and I enjoyed every minute.
By April, I had somewhere to live in IC thanks to an apartment-hunting trip my mom and I took together. I'd also run the Happiest 5K on the Planet with some friends. It definitely held up to its name and reputation!
The middle of May I worked my last shift in the ER as a tech, packed up my belongings (for the 2nd time in 2 weeks), and trekked up to Iowa with my parents and a UHaul. A few days later, I started an intense summer of PA school.
“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.”
― Soren Kierkegaard
May-December – Living in IC has been wonderful. I’ve made so many good friends, gotten involved in my local church and serve in the nursery, have experienced all kinds of wonderful new things, just finished my 2nd semester of PA school, and celebrated 6 months of dating my favorite guy. Some other highlights:
- 4th
of July fireworks with a fellow PA friend
-
Boating trip at the Res, July 2013
-
Husking corn, corn maze, carvin’ pumpkins, Fall 2013
- Thanksgiving with my fam,November 2013
- Old-Fashioned Christmas and horse-drawn carriage ride, December 2013
- Fancy Christmas party, December 2013
-Six months with my man, December 22nd
-Christmas with my fam, December 2013
―Charles Dickens
And that’s a brief recap of my year. I can’t even imagine what this next year holds in store, but I do know it’ll be an adventure. As I finish up my first year of school and start into my clinical rotations, I know it’ll be challenging, but also a great opportunity to learn. 2013 has been awesome. Bring it on, 2014!











No comments:
Post a Comment