What’s new in life?
Well, if you missed the most recent travel blog, head on
over here to read the latest.
July 10 I celebrated by quarter birthday. Who does that?
Yeah, me neither. However, I was thinking it’s only been 3 months since my
birthday and so many things have happened in life. Usually I think about goals
in light of anniversaries (like work hire date) or calendar year, but this
3-month period seems to have encompassed several particularly big events.
For instance, in May I traveled to Romania for over a week
and became an aunt for the first time. In June, I visited my sister and
bro-in-law to meet said niece. Returned home and was diagnosed with pneumonia
after several weeks of feeling ill. And then in July my friends and I went on a
nearly 2-week road trip as mentioned above.
Now as July comes to a close and the city gears up for the
influx of college students and the new school year, I feel we have come to a
natural time again to reflect and plan.
What I’m watching:
- NCIS. My parents were fans long before I was. During a trip home at the beginning of the year, they had decided to re-watch the series from the beginning. I was hooked. Since January, I have been slowly chipping away at the episodes and have made it nearly through season 10. Netflix covers through 14 currently, so I only have 4 more to go.
- Great British Baking Show. While I had pneumonia, I barely felt like getting up to use the bathroom let alone do anything productive with life. So, my roomie and I watched the first season of the GBBS. Baking truly is both art and science. As someone who likes patterns, structure, and “rules,” baking is right up my alley. The show has been entertaining, and it makes it more fun to watch having friends around who are also fans.
- Ella Fitzgerald. I’m not one who knows the classics. I didn’t grow up with them. However, recently, I decided to catch up on some of the different genres I’ve heard mentioned, but do not personally know well. I’m starting with jazz, but am planning on exploring some reggae next.
- Hearts of Fire: Eight Women in the Underground Church and Their Stories of Costly Faith. A book by Voice of the Martyrs. Truly inspiring.
- Fifty Foods and How They Changed the Course of History. Saw this title at the Starbucks Roastery library in Seattle. Decided to see if the public library had it, and they did! So far, it’s not quite as interesting as I thought it would be and is evolutionary heavy at the beginning, but I hope for it to improve.
- Paradise Lost. I haven’t read this one yet and I’ve heard others talk about how it is worth reading, so it’s my newest start. Although, I must confess I checked out the Cliff Notes guide to go along with the read.
- Mountains Beyond Mountains. The story of Dr. Paul Farmer, who worked in Haiti and was influential in developing the TB management plan for the World Health Organization (WHO).
- In the past two weeks, I’ve played trivia twice, gone to Wildwood, heard Keith Urban sing at the Jones’ County Fair, met a friend for lunch, worked 54 hours, attended the guys’ final softball game, played bingo, kayaked at Lake MacBride, helped a friend move, and played board games with friends.
There’s also something big coming up in October, with which
I am involved. Stay tuned to the travel blog for more news this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment